When you have kids in the house, three staple meals are never enough! You need to supplement those with snacks and lunchboxes. Ideally growing children need 3 balanced main meals, a wholesome breakfast, a hearty lunch and a light dinner. In between you can serve them 2 snacks, one as a part of a lunchbox and one usually at milk time, between lunch and dinner. As it is meal planning can be challenging for mothers, coupled with snacks, the planning becomes a bit harder to do. Vegit is here to make that exact process, easier! Vegit Instant Snack Mixes are developed with you in mind. The main objective for each product is to make kitchen time shorter, meal preparation, easier and the cooking process, neater. By adding variety and healthy ingredients, Vegit stands out as the ideal option for mess-free, homemade snacks. Apart from variety, here are a few ideas on how you can make more exciting snacks for your kids:
- Make Shapes:
Kids love novelty, when you add an element of fun to their food, they show more interest in eating it. Make shapes out of their sandwiches, cutlets, tikkis and rolls! Ask them to name the shapes for fun and watch them gobble up what you made!
- Make it Colourful:
Nature is a treasure of colours, flavours and textures. Use spinach to make their roti’s green, add beetroot to their raita, make multi coloured sandwiches with green chutney and ketchup. The first sense we use when we eat is visual, if they see what they like, they will enjoy eating it!
- Make it Fun:
Add elements like skewers for shashlik’s, use chopsticks to hold rolls together, make Vegit Burger Patty’s and let the kids assemble their own burgers. When children find food to be fun, they will be more patient when they eat and they will most likely finish the portion served to them.
- Match their Moods:
Children get bored easily, keep their interest in meals and snacks thriving with variety. Vegit Instant Snack Mixes offer you a range of easy to make and delicious to eat snacks that are ready in no time. There is a snack for every mood and palate, try them all to see which ones your kids love the most!
- Make it Healthier:
All Vegit Instant Snack Mixes can be made into many more dishes if you add your own ‘twist’! Add your child’s favourite vegetables to the Vegit Aloo Tikki or Shami Kebab, add paneer to Vegit Soya Rolls, use bean sprouts to make an Aloo Tikki Chaat and you will see how easy it is to feed fresh vegetables to your little ones!
- 2 cups vegit aloo mash
- ½ cup sago (sabodana) - soak in 1 cup warm water for 1 hour
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus khus)
- ½ cup cornflour, 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 green chilli- chopped, ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 medium onion - chopped finely, 2 tbsp chopped green coriander
- ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp amchoor, 1 tsp salt
- 10-12 whole pepper corns (saboot kali mirch), tomato ketchup in a squeeze bottle
- Soak sabodana in about 1 cup warm water to cover it for ½-1 hour or till soft. Drain and wash in running water to keepthem separate. Strain.
- Mix vegit aloo mash and all the other ingredients, except peppercorns and ketchup. Add about ½ cup water and mix well toget a tikki mixture.
- Shape into 12 balls. Flatten each ball and press 2 pepper cornslike two eyes.
- Deep fry 2-3 pieces in a kadhai at a time in medium hot oil tillgolden.
- Make a mouth shape with ketchup. Serve hot.